I’ve had the shortest past 2 weeks. Packed and intense. It was work > sleep > eat > repeat. (Throw in a couple of highlights like We Day and a colleague’s birthday lunch.) I stayed at the office so late I felt exhausted to shower. This sounds a little unhygienic and it might have been…who knows.
Upcoming goal: Work at work, literally. At 100%. (Reminds me of the movie, “Limitless” that’s coming out soon.)Enjoy and move forward, outside of work. No TV and get those side projects and plans on the road. GET ON IT. Remember: You’re not here to have fun. You’re here to learn and grow. (Although the fun comes along with it!)
Biggest Lessons & Reminders this week:
- Independence and Responsibility: No one is going to wake up you to go to work. Your manager is not going to break down each project task for you and ask you when it’s done. (You need to set your own deadlines).
- Networks will only help you so much. (Always have a plan B and remember that you are responsible for your own actions. Do not rely on others. Ever.) You are your biggest asset and you always come first.
- Learn to say you’re sorry and apologize. (Never – ever – let it happen again).
- Do not take friendships/relationships for granted. (They can be taken away from you at any point of your life). This goes for all things in life. (Opportunities, success, health condition, etc.)
- Communicate clearly and make an effort to communicate it if one does not ask.
- Do not stress. (Have a healthy mechanism to address this – be it friends, meditation, reflection, exercise, etc.)
- Have Faith. (In God).”He has a plan for you.”
- Keep personal and professional separate.
- Do not dwell on the past. Just keep moving forward. (Remember the past and do not forget it. Use it as a means to push yourself forward.)
- Leverage from your successes
And to recap this past weekend?
Thursday – We Day Waterloo 2011 (6000+ youths, 250+ Kitchener-Waterloo schools involved, 175+ RIM volunteers)
Friday – Work until 5pm in Waterloo | Dinner with AIESEC alumnus in Mississauga | Movie Night & Catch Up.
Saturday – Reunite with friends from Edmonton | Trip to Milton, ON | Distillery District in Toronto | Korean Dinner with new friends | Sleepover in Oakville, ON
Sunday – Patialia House Bollywood movie at the theatres (!) | Baking with sisters | NBA All-Star Party with Iconiq
Monday – Nathan Philips Square | Millennium Network M-Lovin’ Meeting at Queen & Bay | East-Indian Family Day Dinner
A photo recap of the last 2 weeks …